Wednesday, September 10, 2008

FAITH Is Starting Up

We have a new semester of FAITH starting up and I have a new team. On my team is Josh and Joanna, both from my Sunday school class. It is going to be a great 12 weeks.

Before we go out each week, both Josh and Joanna will go to the regular FAITH class and I, along with the others that have been though FAITH more then two semesters, will have a new class. This time around we will be going through a book called "So What's The Difference?" by Fritz Ridenour. It is a book that will take a look at 20 other religions or world views. This week we discussed chapter one, "Biblical Christianity". It talks about what is biblical Christianity. To study other religions we must fist define what we believe in and compare other world views from there. The book uses a plum line illistration. We need to measure what we believe by God's standards and what His word says. (see Amos 7:8)

My team members should be in their class where I was in my week one last year (see Week 1) They should of had teachings showing the importance of the “Great Commission” and how to gain power over their fears.
Our Visits
We had two assigned visits, both with the last name Smith. The first one was a couple that has family in the Church. They visit during the worship service on occasion, but don't attend a Sunday School class. The wife was there but husband was out. We had a great visit and invited them to our class. We had a good visit and prayed with her before we left.
Our second visit was with the Smith family. This is a family that are members of our Church. The husband is currently stationed in Iraq. They've missed a few weeks in Church and we wanted to check in on them. The son is having a little trouble with separation anxiety and has trouble leaving his mothers side. Because of this, she is having trouble going to Church and doing some things around the house like mowing the yard. Funny thing, she just email Joanna before our visited. She was trying to find out if Joanna's son does any yard work. I guess it is not really funny, I don't even think it was by chance that we were there at that time either. We found several ministry opportunities for our Sunday School class and It was a good visit.

One last mission. Each week were are to find somebody on the street and give them a bible. On our way back to the Church we stopped a Kroger and Joanna gave the bible to a family walking in.

It was a great first week and it is going to be a great semester. My team is going to work well together and have some fun along the way.
Prayer Request
Pray for the Smith boys with their dad gone and his safty. Pray for a good semester of FAITH. Also I have an oppertunity to talk about witnessing at Victory Baptist School, in the third grade class. This will be on Thusday from 2:15-3:00. They want me to talk about why I share my faith and how I do it. The important thing is I get to share the gospel. This is a very important age and pray that God will give me the words to say and that hearts will be open to the message.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is a great idea. Thanks for the awesome creativity! Can we link to this from the church web site????