Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dog Food


One of the perks about FAITH is that we have food prepared for us each week. This is done so that we can come straight from work without having to worry about food. Since the beginning of FAITH, there has been a can of dog food on the counter. I don’t why it‘s there, but it has became a little inside joke. One class, as I arrived at Church for FAITH, I noticed the dip and chips on the table didn’t look right. I came to the conclusion that it was the dog food that was normally on the counter, and suppose to be in the can.

Someone was playing a little trick on us. I wanting to have some fun of my own, so I took some German Chocolate cake that was also there, broke it apart padded it back together. This made it slightly resemble the dog food. I added a few of the crackers that were put with the dog food to make it even more convincing, and sat down.
Before anybody could warn me, I took a big bite of what they thought was dog food. I could see the panic as they were trying to warn me, but it was too late. Now, dog food will probably not harm me, unless it was from that China batch a few months ago. For the most part, even if I did eat it, nothing would happen, but people felt compelled to warn me of the mistake I was making. I would even bet that complete strangers would even warn me of the mistake I was making0.
For something that would not seriously harm me there was a strong passion to let me know of my mistake. They thought I wasn‘t informed on what I was eating. How much more should we warn people of the judgment of God. 150,000 people are dying each day and most of them without Christ. They don’t know that if they died today they would go to hell. We need to warn them of the wrath to come and what Jesus did so that they can be saved. If we are truly concerned about people, we should be telling them how to be saved. Not just that they are about to eat something bad, or about to step in some chewing gum on the ground. In the time it took to read this post hundreds have died. Let go and tell people about Christ.

No comments: